1 Jun 2014

Finding Cinderella (Hopeless #2.5) by Colleen Hoover

Title: Finding Cinderella (Hopeless #2.5)
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publication: Atria Books, 2013
Format: eBook
Source: Kobo
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance

Goodreads / Amazon / iTunes


Synopsis:
A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love has conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.
When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don't happen outside of fairytales.
One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even strange personality. But Daniel soon realizes that fairytales don't exist, and unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn't guarantee their happily ever after... it only further threatens it.



Review:

I was just scanning for eBooks like A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and Tess of the D’Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy on Kobo, when I found Finding Cinderella. It was for free so I took it for granted. It is rare for an author like Hoover to give out a book for free.
I have read many reviews of Colleen Hoover’s books except for this. I wondered why it was for free even though the author told her amazing readers on her acknowledgements that the novella is for us for completely changing her life.
“You talk to him about the fact that we haven't had sex?" Six says, completely embarrassed.
My father shakes his head. "No, he doesn't have to. I know because every night he comes home he goes straight to his bedroom and takes a thirty-minute shower. I was eighteen once."
Six covers her face with her hands. "Oh, my God." She peeks through her hands at my dad. "I guess I know who Daniel gets his personality from."
My father nods. "Tell me about it. His mother is terribly inappropriate.”
This is the kind book that you would read all over again and fell in love all over again (!!!) just like the Walt Disney’s Cinderella. I fell in love with Daniel, just like Six did. I could sense that he is dainty and decent. He is so marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness on Six which she was dewy-eyed and uncomplicated. She is the best girlfriend anyone could have. Honestly, I do not understand my feelings while I’m writing this review. All I can finger is my cheeks glowing pink just like as I was reading the book.

Finding Cinderella should really be on your To-Be-Read list. It is an astounding book to read especially for Young Adult readers. You would never regret downloading this for free because it is all worth it. This book definitely deserves to be on your shelves. It is a page turner!


Post a Comment

© Litfae. Design by FP.