1 Jun 2014

Author Of The Week #1: Philip Pullman


I have known Philip Pullman as a child when I read his trilogy His Dark Materials and later it became a movie way back 2007.


His Dark Materials is a trilogy consisting of Northern Lights (titled The Golden Compass in North America), The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. Pullman later wrote two companion pieces to the trilogy, entitled Lyra's Oxford, and Once Upon a Time in the North. A third companion piece Pullman refers to as the "green book" will expand upon his character Will. He has plans for one more, the as-yet-unpublished The Book of Dust. This book is not a continuation of the trilogy but will include characters and events from His Dark Materials. (Source: Wikipedia)





He has lots of books both published and unpublished. I have too an eBook of Fairy Tales From The Brothers Grimm, one of his non-series books. Pullman has plays too and one of it is the Sherlock Holmes and the Limehouse Horror play (1992).

His works are nifty. I do not doubt his writings because almost every one that has read his book loves him as much as the reader falls to the characters of this books. Especially as a young kid.


These are Pullman's books that have been made to film and includes: The Shadow in the North (2007), The Ruby in the Smoke (2006), and I Was a Rat (2001).

Philip Pullman
Born: 19 October 1946 Norwich, Norfolk, England, UK
Genres: Fantasy
Notable awards: Carnegie Medal 1995, Guardian Prize 1996 and Astrid Lindgren Award 2005


I like how Pullman's views on education:
"My views on education are eccentric and unimportant, however. My only real claim to anyone’s attention lies in my writing. I’ve published nearly twenty books, mostly of the sort that are read by children, though I’m happy to say that the natural audience for my work seems to be a mixed one – mixed in age, that is, though the more mixed in every other way as well, the better."




Follow Philip Pullman at:


Comment down anything you would like to add about Philip Pullman! I would be glad to read your comments. :)

Post a Comment

© Litfae. Design by FP.