23 Nov 2014

Geek Charming by Robin Palmer

Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Published September 15th 2010 by Penguin Group (USA)
Rating:
Dylan Shoenfield is the princess of L.A.'s posh Castle Heights High. She has the coolest boyfriend, the most popular friends, and a brand-new "it" bag that everyone covets. But when she accidentally tosses her bag into a fountain, this princess comes face-to-face with her own personal frog: selfprofessed film geek Josh Rosen. In return for rescuing Dylan's bag, Josh convinces Dylan to let him film her for his documentary on high school popularity. Reluctantly, Dylan lets F-list Josh into her A-list world, and is shocked to realize that sometimes nerds can be pretty cool. But when Dylan's so-called prince charming of a boyfriend dumps her flat, her life and her social status comes to a crashing halt. Can Dylan with Josh's help pull the pieces together to create her own happily-ever-after?


Omigod! – I am never a popular girl. But this book made me realize of things multiply to hundred! Now I sound like Dylan. Well, it’s brilliant I gave it a try and totally was worth it!

Dylan Schoenfield and Josh Rosen are the main characters that gave Palmer’s book a life. Dylan was—note the past tense, please—the Castle Heights High most popular girl. She was regarded with great favour, approval, and affection by everyone especially that she had the coolest boyfriend, the most popular friends, and the “It” trendy accessories everyone envies. Josh was the opposite sex of opposite status of Dylan, in which, he was described as “geek”. He is a film eccentric where practically everything he talks about and relates about is classic films, award-winning directors and famous actors and actresses.

Of course, it’s not complete without friends. The other characters of Geek Charming are well-round written. They do not ruin the main personas but gave more feelings.

Who else here reads the book’s back cover just after they have read what’s inside? Me! Me! Me! I just realized (Just after reading Geek Charming) that I am doing that every time I finish a book. I admit it. I do not care a lot of the synopsis and blurbs of the books I pick at the bookstore. What I care for is what’s inside. I flip the pages to its first chapter and read. When it triggers me, then . . .

Really, the books you read brings you to the world you are not in. Geek Charming is enlightening. It gives us [readers] a big heart. Humorous and outstanding for me! Recommending Robin Palmer’s to those who suffer on malady, to those who think they are on the F-list, to those who never went out of their curtains, and to those who never really know themselves.


Post a Comment

© Litfae. Design by FP.